Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Day 8

Today we had KP! We set out the cups and beverages on the tables, got to eat first, and then started clearing tables. We got to run the dishwasher, bleach the tables and benches, and sweep and mop the floors for each meal.

I got my teamer prayer partner today. Her name is Emma and she is a back-to-backer – someone who is on their second year on team in a row. She is super sweet. I will try to get a picture for you.

Oh yes, I got my camera back! It is so clean and shiny! But it won’t focus on anything. So now it is a shiny paperweight. Ok, it is not that bad, but sitting in the back of the small chapel, it won’t focus on the people up front. I am a lot frustrated.

We set up our rehearsal rooms today. This is our team's - it is usually the medic cabin. The name is Jahova Rophe, God our Healer.


As a vocalist on an acoustic team, there was not much for me to do (imagine that!) so I helped carry equipment for some electric teams. I am very glad I am on an acoustic team!!! Those monitors and bins of cords and amps and speakers are very heavy!

Tonight we heard a sample of the national team’s program and it was very good! I am excited for them and the ministry they will get to be a part of. One of the teamers did the sharing and talked about Ezekiel and the fire and the earthquake and the wind, but God was in the whisper. He cautioned us that this year we will have so many things that will be calling for our attention, we need to take the time to listen, to wait out all the noise and distractions and make the time to be still.

The Last Word was around the campfire tonight. What atmosphere – you just can’t create that feeling in a sanctuary. When we were done, we did a tribal drum circle worship, where there are only drums going on, and you dance around the fire… oh I cannot wait to experience a real one!!! Former teamers have said they can go on for hours, the beat evolving, the dancers changing in and out, keeping you awake till 4 or 5 am…

Today, I am having trouble finding a place to get away and just spend time with God – I find that after a couple weeks with time scheduled daily, I now miss it! I highly recommend actually making an appointment with God each day for a couple weeks. Write it in your calendar. Put a reminder on the mirror or in the car. And keep your appointment! Set the time apart as sacred. As Leah said on day 6, we ravish the Father’s heart by just turning our head to look – how much more can we move the Lover of our souls by spending time just with him?

1 comment: