Monday, September 14, 2009

Day 21

Sunday, September 13th, 2009
Wow, today was a long day. Very very fun, but this morning seems so long ago…

We got to do the children’s moment and Sunday School for 2 services at the church in Woodbury. We started in the service and got to experience the praise music part of the service before we sang our song for the children’s moment. Then we followed the kids to the Sunday school room and led them in more songs and did a puppet show. They were so much fun! There were the grumpy ‘I-am-trying-to-act-cool-and-not-like-this’ kids and the ‘Oh-my-this-is-my-favorite-song-and-I-know-every-action-and-can-I-stand-up-front-with-you?’ kids and everyone in between!

From there, we headed to Luther Point in Grantsburg, Wisconsin, for our last week of training. I slept the whole way! Well, the whole time after I ate my delicious lunch prepared by my host mom! She even had a checklist for me and Kaitie to fill out and made each of our lunches to order.

We got in about 2:15ish and unloaded the van, set up our practice room, and had a good rehearsal. We will be the first team to perform our program for the other teams and staff to be critiqued. I am not feeling ready. We aren’t bad, just unpolished.

After practice, we had camp orientation, this is where the dining hall is, that is where the canoe paddles and lifejackets are kept, etc… Then we got to start our day off! I went with the group of 7 into St. Croix for dinner, a movie, and Walmart. We left camp around 5:30 and went to Loggers Bar and Grill. They have really good juicy burgers and my Philly sandwich was sooo good. Then we wandered around Walmart until it was time for our movie. *SPOILER* (kind of) We went to see All About Steve, and it was funny, but felt unresolved. There are some great lines though!

I am looking forward to tomorrow morning – the first thing in my schedule is lunch!

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that your first ministry opportunity went well ! Have a good week at camp. Looking forward to seeing you on Friday !

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey erin got the letter
    love ya
    Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  3. when is your service thing on friday night? also where? i want to be there! and i was in MN this week for more medical testing, i really want to come... plus i promised when we got ice cream i would be there... so i need to kno where and when... love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete