Monday, September 14, 2009

Day 13

Saturday, September 5th, 2009

No speech for me today. I am on total vocal rest. Yesterday I woke up with a bit of a sore throat, but then forgot as the day went on. By supper, though, I had just about nothing left. Last night we had a communion service with really good music and I was very frustrated I could not sing any of it. But then I just relaxed and listened… There are some amazingly talented singers. There was 3 and 4 part harmony on most of the songs… So beautiful… the phrase came to me ‘a sacrifice of praise.’ My sacrifice was not being heard or leading or harmonizing, it was reflecting on the words of the song, focusing on the One we are singing about and to.

The camp based team is leaving today. It is a great group and I am excited for them! This is the first year YE has had a non-traveling team. The team is not exactly sure of what their role will be, but they do know they will be based at the camp I go to next summer and will be going to churches around there. They have the cool opportunity of going to these churches 3 and 4 times and will get to build more relationships. I am looking forward to seeing them at mid-winter training in December and working with them at camp next summer.

Sonja is on the camp based team and her birthday is the 7th, and since they are leaving, they decided to celebrate her birthday today. Sonja is from Denmark. When you turn 25 in Denmark and are still single, you get cinnamon, or have cinnamon food or – or – people dump it on your head. Since tomorrow is my birthday and I have a birthday buddy, Rachel, who is also turning 25, and Sonja will be gone, we all got cinnamon dumped on our heads! It does not taste good plain. Or with broccoli cheese soup. But I did smell rather delicious all day!

We got to have our first 1x1 (read: one on one). 1x1s are times with just one teammate so you can connect individually along with connecting as a team. We had time for four which means I didn’t get one with Kaitie, but that will happen next time. We will have a 1x1 with every person on our team once every 2 weeks.

1 comment:

  1. I would bet that these 1x1 times are probably really important. Is there a format for them? Is it something we could incorporate at Salem?

    ReplyDelete