Saturday, August 29, 2009

Day 5


Today was different than the other days - we traveled to a camp just outside Taylor’s Falls to Ox Lake do some team-building exercises. While we were there, we got our team pictures taken for the team posters – after we had gotten all sweaty and gross! We had been forewarned, so we had clean nice clothes to wear, so they should turn out well. We just hope they aren't scratch and sniff!

We got to do a high ropes course!








This was our reaction to the news.

















I got up there and did one of the harder ones called the Great White X –so much fun! This is what it looks like, but is not me on it.





I hope to post some of the pictures that Katie and Elliott took! (here they are!) There was not much time, so I only got to do one, but this might be a place we come back to during our summer at Camp Wappogasset.

We Got to go on our first team outing today!
We are commanded to go have fun because The Team That Plays Together, Stays Together! Or so the YE staff says. We were given $7 per person for food and $10 per person for whatever activity you could choose to do. We chose to get Chipotle to go and eat it on the grounds of Como Park.



We then walked all the way around the lake – simple, free, and fun! We can now use the $10 per person from this month and the $10 from next month to do something a little bigger next month.

I won’t be able to post for a while :-( . We are headed up to Luther Dell, the Camp we will stay at until the Sending Service on the 18th. There is no internet and very little cell service. I will have 2 days off to go into town, Wednesday the 2nd and Monday the 14th, and I will update you then. It seems so long! So far away! I really enjoy writing these and will continue to daily so you will have a lot to read come the 2nd!

I miss you all terribly, but I am learning so much and I seem to have found the place I need to be.

Be Blessed!
Love,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment