Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Starting Over - Again

It has been quite a long time since I have written on this blog. It's been quite neglected. But I think it is high time for me to start again.  There are so many things that have happened lately that have pointed to this. I am so glad to share my thoughts with you.

I struggled with this idea of a blog for a while, wondering, 'Why would anyone want to know what I have to say?' Yet as I read other's blogs, I'm amused and entertained, and I believe they are useful. So why can't my words be the same? And then there's that other pertinent question, do I have anything to say? But in the last few days, there have been things that I have experienced that I have wanted to share. I didn't really have a place to do so; this might just be that place.

I will share with you the story of my tipping point, the thing that made me say yes to writing. I went to Bible study last night. It's not so much a Bible study as a designated time to be the Bible out loud. We were focusing on the second half of second Kings tonight. Can I just say that there are some weird shenanigans going on in the Old Testament!

The people in this group are starting a new church in the uptown area. Thursday night will be a discussion of things like names and purposes and people's roles in the new church. We will be discussing the strengths of each person, and part of the preparation is to take the strengths finders test (You can check it out at strengths@gallup.com). I have taken this test before but it's been quite a while. I think my results have changed. But of course I couldn't find the other results to compare them!

Anyways. My results are this:

Adaptability *
People who are especially talented in the Adaptability theme prefer to “go with the flow.” They tend to be “now” people who take things as they come and discover the future one day at a time.

Strategic
People who are especially talented in the Strategic theme create alternative ways to proceed. Faced with any given scenario, they can quickly spot the relevant patterns and issues.

Ideation*
People who are especially talented in the Ideation theme are fascinated by ideas. They are able to find connections between seemingly disparate phenomena.

Intellection
People who are especially talented in the Intellection theme are characterized by their intellectual activity. They are introspective and appreciate intellectual discussions.

Input*
People who are especially talented in the Input theme have a craving to know more. Often they like to collect and archive all kinds of information.



The ones with the stars all mentioned being a journalist as a possible wise career choice! And intellection says “
Take time to write. Writing might be the best way for you to crystallize and integrate your thoughts.  It all makes sense. I love telling stories. I love being on the Internet. I love finding images to illustrate my point. I love connecting with people. I love sharing what God is doing in my world. And this seems like a very good medium to try. So hello. And welcome! And here's to many good stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment